My first cooking class of the year! What started off as a regular lunch invitation turned out to be an exciting experience where I got the chance to enter the kitchens at Courtyard by Marriott Pune Chakan. Oh what a lovely modak and misal pav filled weekend it has been *sigh*
What I didn’t know when I received the invitation was that I’d get a chance to enter the kitchens and cook with a celebrity chef (IKR!) The prospect of cooking & eating lunch curated by a world-famous celebrity chef had me sitting impatiently in the cab while we drove to Chakan from the main city of Pune (am glad it was the weekend which meant less traffic)
The lunch spread was enough to make me drool. Well, who wouldn’t, when they had kebabs and grilled chicken and bread and misal and modaks and cakes staring them in the face?
And this is when Chef Nilesh Limaye, a stylish figure of positive energy, entered the kitchens and asked us to join him behind the counter ( IKR!!!) This was the first time I was entering a commercial kitchen, so yes, I was going to make a big deal about it :D
- The organised kitchen counters will feel like heaven to your OCD senses
- Cooking requires a lot of patience and self control
- Kitchens are WARM af!
Chef Nilesh Limaye had some exciting tips and tricks to share while he taught us how to make modaks. A couple of guests from the hotel joined in too..their excitement was almost cute :D
Also, it was almost impossible to believe how easy it is to make modaks. I kid you not!
Lunch was a fancy affair with salads, breads, soups, Tangdi Kebabs, kombdi Shashlik, Prawns Koliwada, Mutton Sali, Kothimbir Wadi, Vegetable Kolhapuri, Baked Potatoes, Grilled Chicken, Chicken Biryani, Alibaug Fish Curry and a lot more being served. I particularly enjoyed the Maharashtrian preparations compared to the other options that were a part of the extensive spread. For 800 bucks plus taxes I think it’s quite a steal.
There are 3 things (apart from the impressive spread) that you should be excited about-
- This lunch is curated by a celebrity chef and will be available only on weekends for a period of 2 months. Which means more variety in the lunch spread as the menu keeps changing.
- 800 bucks plus taxes also includes a swim before the lunch! This has got me so excited that I am already planning out a weekend swim-lunch trip sometime this month.
- All the guests at MoMo Cafe are more than welcome to join the chef in the kitchen to cook with him. I don’t see a reason to refuse THIS.
Thank you once again Courtyard by Marriott Pune Chakan for inviting me to this wonderful lunch experience with Chef Limaye. I will see you soon :)